Scammed by Ecyclebest

Update added by user Mar 20, 2015

Update: After sending two emails to Ecyclebest the morning after I received the notice that I'd be paid $100 less than was originally quoted, demanding my phone be returned to me, I called the customer service number later in the day.I was on hold for about 10 minutes before someone answered, who incidentally seemed quite sweet.

I explained my situation and was told that I would have to be transferred to the Purchasing Department (just like what everyone on here said would happen). That connection never happened. I remained on hold, heard the recording about "high call volume" and to call back.

Two minutes later the call disconnected.Step by step, it happened exactly like almost everyone on here had it happen to them.

Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2015

Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition.I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition.

I immediately put a protective case and screen protector on the phone when it came out of the box, neither of which ever came off. There was not a scratch on the phone, all the buttons still worked, and the phone powered on and worked just fine, which seemed to be the company's requirements for "good" condition. Yesterday, I got an email stating that I would receive only $16 for my phone.

I emailed them back this morning to reject that offer and ask for my phone back, as per the terms and conditions.Reading all of the other complaints, it seems like a useless venture to bother calling them, as no one ever seems to get through to a person.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bait-and-switch

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
I want the full price originally quoted to me, or my device returned to me in the condition I sent it.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Cell Phone Trade In
Review category
review #609865 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ecyclebest? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 18, 2015 #960407 Denver, Colorado

Please file a criminal complaint.
Here's my link with info:
Spread the word

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ecyclebest. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ecyclebest.
Filing a new complaint about