Update added by user Mar 20, 2015
Update: After sending two emails to Ecyclebest the morning after I received the notice that I'd be paid $100 less than was originally quoted, demanding my phone be returned to me, I called the customer service number later in the day.I was on hold for about 10 minutes before someone answered, who incidentally seemed quite sweet.
I explained my situation and was told that I would have to be transferred to the Purchasing Department (just like what everyone on here said would happen). That connection never happened. I remained on hold, heard the recording about "high call volume" and to call back.
Two minutes later the call disconnected.Step by step, it happened exactly like almost everyone on here had it happen to them.
Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2015
Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition.I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition.
I immediately put a protective case and screen protector on the phone when it came out of the box, neither of which ever came off. There was not a scratch on the phone, all the buttons still worked, and the phone powered on and worked just fine, which seemed to be the company's requirements for "good" condition. Yesterday, I got an email stating that I would receive only $16 for my phone.
I emailed them back this morning to reject that offer and ask for my phone back, as per the terms and conditions.Reading all of the other complaints, it seems like a useless venture to bother calling them, as no one ever seems to get through to a person.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want the full price originally quoted to me, or my device returned to me in the condition I sent it.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cell Phone Trade In
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I was first offered $113 for an iPhone 4s 16G "depending on the condition". A final offer would be given when they checked the phone with an option to decline..."
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "I recently purchased a Samsung 7â€ Galaxy Tab 2 with Wi-Fi as sold by Sears online and picked it up at a local Sears in North Brunswick New Jersey. I..."
- "I ordered some furniture from Bob's and caught the delivery driver trying to hide some damage. after talking to customer care she stated they would send a tech to repair..."
- "My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. ..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."