Update added by user Mar 20, 2015
Update: After sending two emails to Ecyclebest the morning after I received the notice that I'd be paid $100 less than was originally quoted, demanding my phone be returned to me, I called the customer service number later in the day.I was on hold for about 10 minutes before someone answered, who incidentally seemed quite sweet.
I explained my situation and was told that I would have to be transferred to the Purchasing Department (just like what everyone on here said would happen). That connection never happened. I remained on hold, heard the recording about "high call volume" and to call back.
Two minutes later the call disconnected.Step by step, it happened exactly like almost everyone on here had it happen to them.
Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2015
Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition.I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition.
I immediately put a protective case and screen protector on the phone when it came out of the box, neither of which ever came off. There was not a scratch on the phone, all the buttons still worked, and the phone powered on and worked just fine, which seemed to be the company's requirements for "good" condition. Yesterday, I got an email stating that I would receive only $16 for my phone.
I emailed them back this morning to reject that offer and ask for my phone back, as per the terms and conditions.Reading all of the other complaints, it seems like a useless venture to bother calling them, as no one ever seems to get through to a person.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want the full price originally quoted to me, or my device returned to me in the condition I sent it.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cell Phone Trade In
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "I have never complained about the 4G service that I have been getting from Ooredoo Kuwait, until about the second half of 2015. Before the mass roll-out of Ooredoo's more..."
- "I bought the MI3 via Lazada.com in the Philippines as they are the only distributors for this phone here. It cost 10.599PHP. I was working fine for about three weeks..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "This is a complaint against Community Medical Center in Toms River, NJ. Where on the evening of November 24th I was surrounded and questioned by hospital security personnel for taking..."
- "My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. ..."
- "I recently purchased a Samsung 7â€ Galaxy Tab 2 with Wi-Fi as sold by Sears online and picked it up at a local Sears in North Brunswick New Jersey. I..."