Update added by user Mar 20, 2015
Update: After sending two emails to Ecyclebest the morning after I received the notice that I'd be paid $100 less than was originally quoted, demanding my phone be returned to me, I called the customer service number later in the day.I was on hold for about 10 minutes before someone answered, who incidentally seemed quite sweet.
I explained my situation and was told that I would have to be transferred to the Purchasing Department (just like what everyone on here said would happen). That connection never happened. I remained on hold, heard the recording about "high call volume" and to call back.
Two minutes later the call disconnected.Step by step, it happened exactly like almost everyone on here had it happen to them.
Original review posted by user Mar 18, 2015
Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition.I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition.
I immediately put a protective case and screen protector on the phone when it came out of the box, neither of which ever came off. There was not a scratch on the phone, all the buttons still worked, and the phone powered on and worked just fine, which seemed to be the company's requirements for "good" condition. Yesterday, I got an email stating that I would receive only $16 for my phone.
I emailed them back this morning to reject that offer and ask for my phone back, as per the terms and conditions.Reading all of the other complaints, it seems like a useless venture to bother calling them, as no one ever seems to get through to a person.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- I want the full price originally quoted to me, or my device returned to me in the condition I sent it.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cell Phone Trade In
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "Was quoted $264.00 and received $38.00. Was told the website needed to be updated because the new iPhone 6 was coming out and mine was a 5 32mb. ..."
- "On 04/04/14 I made an order with Mart of China its now 05/23/14 and have yet to receive my items even though I paid for aneearly and fast shipping which..."
- "I recently purchased a Samsung 7â€ Galaxy Tab 2 with Wi-Fi as sold by Sears online and picked it up at a local Sears in North Brunswick New Jersey. I..."
- "Bait and switch pictures worth a thousand words spent close to TWO hrs of my time was trying to order this online but went to check out and it added..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."